I have worked in retail off and on for 13 years now, and I have seen it all. People who don’t work in retail will never understand the mindset of an individual who does. As someone in a non management position, you experience so much more when it comes to customers. There are about a handful of sweet and pleasant experiences, then there are the liars…manipulaters…indecisive…non parental but have kids…and the “I’m always right!” customers.
Today I just want to share with you all some things to make everyone’s shopping experience better, you as the customer and me as the employee.
1. Go shopping with a plan or idea of what it is you want and actually truly need. Why come in a store to fill up your entire cart, only to get 2 to 3 items and leave the rest for me to put back? Oh wait, I know, you’re giving me work to do so I won’t be bored! Try again…
2. Be a parent! Watch your child/children…it is NOT, I repeat NOT my job or any other employees job to watch your child/children for you while you shop. I don’t know how many times a child has come up to me lost, can’t find their parent, 1 year olds damn near out the front door…ALONE!
3. Do not ask me my opinion more than 2x about 1 item. I am the most honest person when it comes to buying, I will not have you wasting money then blame me and try to return something. So, if I say the outfit is fly, the handbag is perfect, etc, just go with it!
4. Do not complain to me or any other employees about pricing, policies or any other matter we have no control over. Especially if you are a frequent shopper and have prior knowledge of said issues, I DIDN’T DO IT!
5. At a very early age the majority of us learned to put things back where and how we found it. Let’s reminisce on those times and remember how much trouble we got into if we didn’t put stuff back where and how we found it. As a merchandiser, that annoys me on a whole other level!
I hope we all have a better understanding of each other now 😊 and hopefully during your next shopping trip you’ll take some of the mentioned into consideration. If you work in retail and have anymore tips on How To Shop, let me know!!!
Lifestyle & Social Media Blogger: Tia Danielle
Find Me On:
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/helloiamtiadanielle
Instagram Boutique at https://www.instagramcom/fabuchicboutique
Snapchat at iamtiadanielle
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tia.danielle.35 (I think! Lol)